Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Boston Cream Cupcakes
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cornstarch/cornflour
1/2 cup milk
1 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp butter, softened
1. In a small pan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
2. Stir in milk until smooth.
3. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
4. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in egg yolk and butter.
6. Cool to room temperature.
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp milk
1. Beat frosting ingredients until mixed. Add more milk if necessary.
To assemble Boston cream cupakes:
1. Cut a hole out of each cupcake middle and reserve crumbs.
2. Spoon custard into each center.
3. Pipe frosting on top and garnish with reserved crumbs.
1. Slice cupcakes in half and spread custard over bottom half.
2. Join top half and frost.
Reviews on this recipe are outstanding, and I am certain that you will receive the same compliments from all to whom you serve this wonderful dessert to!