Monday, November 22, 2010

Bring Your Inner Creativity To Life In Your Cakes

Bring Your Inner Creativity To Life In Your Cakes
Everyone has a creative side somewhere in them. For some, it is just a bit harder to find. However, when it comes to birthday cakes for your child, you don't have to rely on the creativity of someone else's creations. Come up with your own! You know your child better than anyone else, and you know what will make them happy. Create a cake based on what you know your kids will love.
A while back, I seen, in passing, the dirt bike climb cake from Family fun. I never gave it much thought any more until here recently, as my son just turned three years old! (My! How time flies!)
Now, Logan doesn't like dirtbikes - or not yet, anyway, but he does love heavy equipment. So, I started brainstorming, and came up with a cake that my son went crazy over! It was super easy to make and I didn't have to worry about messing up!
To create this cute cake, I simply baked two round cakes. I covered one with icing, then broke up the other and stacked it on one side until I had created a hill. After covering that with icing, I made trees and bushes out of that green Wilton spray-can icing and added yellow sugar crystals for sand and crushed oreos for dirt. Oh, and I used Cocoa Puffs for bolders! I had the entire cake completely decorated in less than 45 minutes!
Logan loved his cake so much, and especially enjoyed getting to "scoop" the cake into his mouth with his backhoe! LOL!
If I can pull off something like that, than surely you can too! Be creative and come up with your own, unique cake for your child's next birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment