Friday, April 1, 2011

Cute and Easy Easter Cupcakes

When is the best time to make cute and easy Easter cupcakes? At Easter time, of course! Easter is such a fun time! Everyone gets to wear new outfits and new white shoes. The kids are overjoyed at the site of the overstuffed Easter baskets, and the family gets together for a fabulous dinner!
What would Easter be without some adorable cupcakes? I have found some of my favorites and wanted to share them here with my readers. Let me know what you think, okay? Also, you can visit Guiding Your Home for more easy ideas of your Easter cupcakes!
I love these because they look like colored eggs! They are so easy to decorate. I use colored sugar sprinkles and dip the iced cupcakes in the sprinkles twice for best coverage.

These cute little bunnies are dipped in coconut and uses pastel MM's for eyes and nose. The mouth is mini marshmallows and the ears are large sized marshmallows cut in two pieces ans dipped in pink sugar sprinkles. So easy, so cute!
These fluffy little lambs are easier to assemble than you might think!Ice a cupcake, and then place a mini cupcake on top. Ice the mini cake all over and stick mini marshmallow all around. The ears are pink mini marshmallows cut in half and the 4 feet are black jelly beans. Use a mini MM for the nose and the eyes are piped on with icing.

My last idea is another really easy confection made with marshmallow peeps or bunnies. The Easter basket is made from licorice and the grass is green tinted icing. I have also used green tinted coconut (Place coconut in a plastic baggie and add a few drops of green food coloring. Shake, shake, shake!) Of course, the little colored eggs are jelly beans.

15 comments:

  1. So cute, I love all of these. Just a quick question, how did you get the licorice to stay for the bunny basket cupcakes?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soften the licorice by rolling it in the palm of my hands. Stick one side down to the bottom of the cupcake, then do the other side. Do this step last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate coconut any other solution?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instead of coconut ise green icing and the special tip for making grass...... it's tip # 233. Doesn't get any easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to make the Eater basket ones with the licorice for basket handles toooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are SO cute I am going to make them tomorrow! Do you put the green icing on and then the green coconut on top?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you use a small amount of icing, tinted green, then either roll the cupcake in the tinted coconut, or sprinkle the coconut on top. I have done it both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am planning on using colored pipe cleaners instead of licorice..my family doesn't care for licorice..soo cute and my daughter and I are very excited to make them today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was woundering if u put the licorice on then the icing???????????? and they are sooooooooooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, ice the cupcake first (and then do the coconut if you plan to add that.)Then add the handle.

    And pipe cleaners are a great idea for those who do not like licorice. Thanks for the tip, Bonne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the sheep would be even cuter on green grass cupcakes... thanks for these great ideas! Making the bunnies with the kids tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made the easter basket one's and the white bunnies today - they are going to be a big hit tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are all welcome! Thanks for stopping by our blog! Keep checking back for lots more ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did you make the green icing look like grass?

    ReplyDelete